Monday, December 1, 2014

Drawing In Space


Inspiration for drawing in space. 







Black lines or even black drips have always been one of "those things" that I always ended up drawing. Black lines on white can be taken anyway which I guess is why I like it so much. You can make black lines so complicated and focus on what makes the drawing when theres not all this color involved. I wanted lines to exude from a space up high and drip all the way down to the floor. The drips are all different lengths and side by side.  As they go down the splatters hit the bottom of the paper.  After looking at the drips and the splatters for entirely too  long I took the black ink and saw created little drawings from the lines and splatters.  I started to shed different characters and shapes so i hid them everywhere. This makes the piece more intimate. From far away you see all these lines but the viewer has to get close to meet all of the tiny characters. It creates a space in which the viewer is surrounded by all of this black ink and these small stories hidden in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment