Monday, December 1, 2014

Drawing on Objects

Inspiration images.


"After September 6"

This piece became my outlet. I had just experienced real heartbreak for the first time and it had come as shock to me. I had alway heard of artist expressing their feelings through their work and I understood that as artist. But for the first time I had fallen truly in love and then had my heart broken. It's soul crushing really. They don't kid about this stuff. I didn't really have a plan when i started. I took everyday objects (each representing two different people) and then took two wooden boards to show the separation of the two people. I arranged the objects on the boards and then covered them in gesso. Just enough to light still show the words not the pages. You can still tell what everything is it's just lightly blanketed in white. This became the way I visually told the viewer how I felt.  These were memories, lightly blanketed I could't really see my memories with (him) anymore. Now they were collecting dust. Becoming more and more covered with each passing day. I can't pick up the objects anymore because (he) is not part of my life anymore. They will stand still and ever slightly apart from each other, showing the separation of two people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment